Why is it important to solve Social Science sample paper? Social Science is the subject where you need to remember many names and dates and to lock it in your mind you need to solve as much sample papers as you can. Following is the example of CBSE Social Science sample paper for class X for the year 2011:
Full Marks : 80
General Instruction : Q 1 – Q 17 contains 1 mark each
Q 18 – Q30 contains 3 marks each
Q31 – Q36 contains 4 marks each
Part – I
1. Andrew Mearns wrote the book
a) The Bitter Cry of London b) The Bitter London
c) The Bitter Cry of Outcast London d) The Bitter Cry of Poor Outcast London
The Great Depression Struck London on
2. The Garden City Was developed by
a) Ebenzer Howard
b) Peter Norman
d) Barry Parker
Chutney Music was popular in
c) Jamaican Island
d) Gold Coast
3. Which Of the following trees yield Taxol
c) Himalayan Yew
4. In Punjab the main cause of land degradation is
c) Over Irrigation
d) Over grazing
5. Which of the following countries have holding together federation
6. Which of the African American athletes were pulished in the Olympics for raising their voice against racial discrimination
a) Tommie Smith and Peter Norman
b) Peter Norman and John Smith
c) Andrew Mearns and Tommie Smith
d) Tommie Smith and John Carlos
7. Democracy is a better form of Govt because it is
d) All of the above
8. Which of the following is not any form of power sharing
a) Horizontal division of power
b) Vertical division of Power
c) Division of power among various social groups
d) Division of power among people
9. Which of the following is not a part of the three tier system of the Panchayati Raj
c) Janapad Panchayat
d) Zilla Parishad
10. Which of the following is not an example of the primary sector of economy
11. What has the NREGA 2005 assured
a) It guaranteed 100 days of work or employment in a year
b) It guaranteed free education in a year
c) It guaranteed free medical facilities in a year
d) It guaranteed house for poor in a year
12. The Non Cooperation Movement was adopted at which Session ?
a) The Calcutta Session of Congress
b) The Bombay Session of Congress
c) The Nagpur Session of Congress
d) The Lahore Session of Congress
13. Which two leaders formed the Swaraj Party
a) CR Das and Motilal Nehru
b) CR Das and Jawaharlal Nehru
c) Dr Radhakrishnan and Dr Ambedkar
d) Dr Ambedkar and Mahatma Gandhi
14. Which of the following is not a mark of standardization
15. Which of the following is not caused due to deforestation
16. Which of the following is a manmade disaster
b) Forest fire
c) Earth quake
d) Nuclear Bombing
17. What is Corn Law? What was it abolished?
Write a note on the leisure of various section of people in London
18. Why did Mahatma Gandhi start the Dandi March? Why did Mahatma Gandhi decide to withdraw the Non Cooperation Movement ?
19. What happened at the Jallianwala Bagh ? Why was the Simon Commission boycotted ?
20. Where did the first underground railway operate in London ? What were its disadvantages ?
How did the First World War affect Britain
21. State three disadvantages of roadways
22. State any three factors behind the depletion of the forest resources .
23. Differentiate between renewable and non renewable resources
24. Define Sustainable Development . What do you understand by waste land
25. What are the various form of power sharing . Explain them with example.
26. State the disadvantages of democracy.
27. Explain crosscutting and overlapping social differences with example of Ireland and Netherlands.
28. Differentiate between organized and unorganized sector with example.
29. State why Kerala has low infant mortality rate ? Why is the per capita income calculated in dollars ?
30. Write a note on the structure and function of COPRA.
31. Which factors cause landslide.
32. State three effects of cyclone.
33. Explain what is meant by the Haussmanization of Paris. To what extent would you support or oppose this development ?
‘London grew as a crime flourished city.’ Discuss the statement.
34. State the few ways of water harvesting in different parts of India
Define pipeline transport . State the areas in which pipeline transport is in use .
35. List the differences between the unitary and federal form of government.
36. Label the following in the map of India
a) Sardar Sarovar Dam
b) R. Godavari
c) Regions having Black Soil
d) Paradip port.