It is possible to complete 3 hours mathematics paper half an hourly before allotted time but only when you have full fledge practice. Practice can be done by solving as much sample paper as you can and for this you need to be thorough with every topic. Following is the example of CBSE Mathematics sample paper for class XI for the year 2011:
Max Time: 03 h, Max Marks: 100
i. All questions are compulsory.
ii. The question paper consists of 29 questions divided in to three sections A, B and C. Section A comprises of 10 questions of 1 mark each, Section B comprises of 12 questions of 4 marks each and Section C comprises of 7 questions of 6 marks each.
iii. All questions in Section A are to be answered in one word, one sentence or as per the exact requirement of the question.
iv. There is no over all choice. However, internal choice has been provided in 4 questions of four marks each and 3 questions of six marks each. You have to attempt only one of the alternatives in all such questions.
v. Use of calculators is not permitted
Section – A
8. Find the 12th term of a G.P. whose 8th term is 192 and the common ratio is 2.
9. If E and F are events such that find
Section – B
12. If then find the least integral value of m.
(OR) Express in the form of
13. Using Binomial Theorem, prove that:
14. If where x and y both lie in II quadrant, find the value
(OR) Prove that:
15. Prove the following by using the Principle of Mathematical Induction
16. In how many ways can 5 persons travel in a car, 2 including driver in the front
seat and 3 in the back seat, if 2 particular persons out of the 5 do not know
17. Prove by PMI that “ n (n +1) (n + 5) is always a multiple of 3 for every natural number n”.
18. Find the equation of the hyperbola with vertices at
(OR) Find the coordinates of the point which divides the line segment joining the points
19. Find the equation of the line making equal intercepts on the axes and making an angle 135° with X axis.
(OR) Find the coordinates of the foci, the vertices, the length of major axis and eccentricity of the ellipse
20. State the Converse and Contra positive of the below atatements
i) A quadrilateral is a parallelogram only if its opposite sides are equal
ii) A cadet joins NDA if he clear the SSBinterview and Medical test
21. If the sum of n terms of a AP is 3n2 + 5n and its mth term is 164, find the value of m.
22. In a game a fair die is thrown. Game is won if multiple of 3 appears. Otherwise the die is thrown again. Write the sample space with atleast 12 outcomes.
Section – C
23. Solve the following system of inequations graphically
24. If the terms in the expansion of are equal, then find the value of x.
(OR) If a, b, c are in A.P. ; b, c, d are in G.P. and are in A.P. , prove that a, c, e are in G.P.
25. Find the area of the triangle formed by the midpoints of sides of the triangle whose vertices are
(OR) Find the equation of the line through the intersection of lines and whose slope is 5.
26. Calculate the mean deviation about mean for the following data:
Class 0 – 10 10 – 20 20 – 30 30 – 40 40 – 50 50 – 60
Frequency 6 7 15 16 4 2
27. Compute the derivative of tan x using the first principle
28. Find the general solution of the equations
i) Sec 2 2x = 1 – tan 2x
ii) Sin x + sin 3x + sin 5x = 0
(OR) If tan x = , where x is in III quadrant, find te value of , and
29.i) In a survey of 600 cadets in a school, 150 students were found to be interested in joining IAF and 125 interested in joining only IN. Find how many students were interested neither in IAF nor in IN?
ii) Show by Venn diagram that, A – B = A ? B’