CBSE information technology sample papers involve complete theory and solving such papers can benefit you by lifting up your speed of writing. This sample paper consists of 40 marks and you need to complete it within two and half hours. Following is the CBSE information technology sample paper for class IX for the year 2011:
Very short Answer question, 1 X 10 = 10
1. Name any five input devices.
2. What is hardware?
3. Expand the term OCR
4. What is compiler?
5. What is the difference between machine language and high-level language?
6. What is WWW?
7. What is the meaning of word MODEM?
8. What is protocol?
9. Expand the term URL?
10. What is the purpose of CU and ALU?
Short Answer Question, 2 X 10 = 20
1. Explain the working of CPU?
2. Explain the Different element of computer network?
3. What is the difference between LAN and WAN?
4. What are search engine? What are their uses?
5. What is Single user and multi user operating System?
6. Explain the function of an operating system?
7. Explain the different software utility?
8. What is scanner? What are the different types of scanner?
9. What is the main characteristic and limitation of computer?
10. Explain the briefly : – a) RAM b) Light Pen
Long answer Question: –
1. What is internet? Explain the uses of internet?
2. Explain the various types of operating system?
3. What are the difference between system software and application software?